Pages

22 December 2013

Hot cocoa with cinnamon


My craving for hot chocolate has been build up due to the chilly weather these past days. Rather than complaining about missing our central heating and the Christmas markets, I decided to make myself a cup of good ol’ cocoa. So today is the day, it’s a hot chocolate kind of day!

Instead of real chocolate, I’m using cocoa powder here. I know, I can hear you say why, but chocolate is expensive here. Even the cocoa powder is brought to me by my mum and sister who came to visit. But, I can assure you, you won't taste the powder!

Hot chocolate with cinnamon

1 cup milk
1 ½ tsp pure cocoa powder
1 pinch of cinnamon
1 tsp brown sugar
¼ cup heavy cream
½ tsp icing sugar

Bring the milk, cocoa powder, brown sugar and cinnamon to a boil.
Keep stirring it so there aren’t any chocolate lumps.
In a bowl, whisk the cream together with the icing sugar until it becomes thick.
Serve the hot chocolate with the whipped cream on top.
Top with a pinch of cinnamon or cocoa powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment